Monday, August 22, 2016

Lago di Santa Croce with Friends

Sunday, August 14

Today was the day Preston left on his Italian adventure with his family. I had to stay home and work so I could save up my leave for other trips we have planned. So why not hang out with my friends!

Since it was still nice out we wanted to either go to the beach or a lake. The 3 of us decided to go to Lago di Santa Croce, which is only about 30-40 minutes from where I live, as my friend Paige said she heard it was really nice there. They both also brought their doggies with them. It made me really want a pet so bad! And also, my friend, Ashley, her dog made me miss my husky so bad and want another one!

When you get there it is very easy to find parking lots, the only hard thing is trying to find an open spot. We were lucky and found one pretty quick. Depending on which lot you park in also you might have to walk a little further.

The place was beautiful! The lake was right in the middle of the mountains, giving you an amazing 360° view!


(Main area to layout)
If you wanted to, you could even rent a paddleboard or kite surf in the water. I will definitely have to go back again another time and paddleboard in this lake.

Since we had the doggies we wanted to try and find a less crowded quieter place for them to run around. Good thing, because we found a nice area if you walk further down the path that nobody was at yet.






After playing around and enjoying the views, we needed to find something to eat first before heading back home. The one thing I will say is if we do go back, I need to make sure to bring euro! All the places by the water are cash only. Luckily, there was a place up the road walking to that had an ATM where we could get money out so we could eat there.

We sat outside so we could still enjoy the perfect day out. We all ended up getting toast (basically like a grilled cheese, slice of prosciutto and cheese). Theirs was huge! Never seen toast that big, but it was still really good.

Today was a nice relaxing girls day! Can't wait to do it again!




Address:
Lago di Santa Croce, Farra d'Alpago, Province of Belluno

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful beaches!
    I cannot believe how much the dog reminds me of Misha.

    ReplyDelete