Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Aviano Duathlon

Saturday, August 20

I love participating in the different athletic events put on by the base. This was my second year competing in Aviano's Duathlon. I was again nervous for this race, as I had not been on the bike much, as per usual. One day I will actually train on the bike and see how well I could really do with some practice.

The race was 2 laps on the bike around base (18.5k) and then a 5k run. Some how I'm always more nervous for the things that people find easy; I'm almost always opposite of other people. I was looking more forward to the run than the bike.

It was really weird doing this race by myself this time, as Preston was coaching for the Aviano Sea Dragon swim meet that morning.

The race started off well, but still biking is definitely not my strong suit.

By the time I got to the run my legs were definitely feeling it! But somehow this is where I can catch a lot of people, gotta love that endurance from swimming all my life! :)

I ended up finishing first in my age group! The prizes keep getting better and better every time I compete in one of these races. This year I won a Bose speaker! Along with the t-shirt and the medal I got as well.







As I always say, I should at least one time try to train for one of these events and see how well I would do.

After I of course had to treat myself to a cookie dough frappe, yum!!


2 comments:

  1. I agree it would be interesting to see how well you would do, if you actually trained!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely my goal to try and do for this year!

      Delete