Thursday, May 15, 2014

Right Start Day 2

May 13

This day of Right Start was actually very interesting to me, definitely recommend going because they also tell you about the tour you can go on that Friday and what to expect. You got to learn about multiple areas in Italy and what type of culture they have. Which is why this day, the class was called "Benvenuti cultural adaptation class". Also, the guy talking to us was Italian and grew up in Italy when he was younger then came back to Italy, so he knew some interesting stuff and also made it fun.

To name a few places he talked about were, Cima Manera, which is the ice topped mountain we can see from base. I want to go here someday! Trieste, which is a town that has a castle you can see called Miramare Castle. Gorizia, which also has a castle in it names The Castle. Then theres also Palmanova, Aquileia, Piancavallo (ski resort) and Lignano (the beach where a lot of military people go.) All very pretty in different ways.

For the benvenuti tour on Friday, some of the places we get to go are Polcenigo and see the Gorgazzo spring, the Porcia Market or also in this town if you want there is a winery you can stop at called Castello di Porcia. This winery is over 300 years old. Then we get to stop at a few places in Pordenone. One of the stops in Pordenone I'm looking forward to is the chocolate tasting at Pasticceria Peratoner, yum!! Then we get to test out the train and see how it works. When getting on or switching trains make sure you validate it otherwise you can pay up to a 50Euro fine! We are going to take the train to Sacile where we will have lunch at Ristorante "Cial De Brent". At Ristorantes in Italy you will be served 5 courses. This is a place where you take your time eating and ENJOY you meal. I'm excited to try all the food we get! :) Then the last stop on the tour is a winery in Villotte di San Quirino called Podere Gelisi Antonio. They are going to show us how to really "taste" and "drink" wine. I can't wait! I just want Friday to hurry up and be here so I can see and try all this out first hand since hearing about it sounds amazing!

Definitely worth going to this day of Right Start I think. Always something new to learn about other cultures.



Later this day Preston and I had another house to go look at. We met the guy by the soccer field I believe in Aviano. While waiting, we saw an Italian selling fresh fruit and vegetables. I decided to buy some strawberries. (The next day I washed and tried one, WOW! It was like no strawberry I have ever had before, it was so juicy and ripe I had a hard time stopping eating them. I hope this guy is there a lot because I know where I want to get my strawberries!) 


Back to house hunting...When the guy finally came we followed him to the place, we had no idea what to expect. When Preston and I got there, we immediately fell in love with the outside and the view it had! There was a front patio area that was gated for us, where we could grill or just hang out. Then you walk inside and everything looks brand new. This place had more than we ever wanted! And you can't beat the view from the master bedroom, mountains right there.


After he showed us this house he said he had another one if we wanted to see it, so obviously we said yes because after this who knows what other places he had to show. Preston and I both really loved the "charm" of this next place. It was the perfect size and everything but there was hardly and parking and lots of neighbors right next to you. If this had a garage and was a little more spaced out, we would of really wanted this place too. (Forgot to take picture)

Another busy day down and most likely more to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment