Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Getting into the Rhythm

May 20

I love getting out there and exploring new place and different things wherever I go. If you know me, you know I don't like to sit still for very long :) Today I definitely didn't sit still at all. There were a lot of firsts and new things for me. Gotta keep life interesting!

First off, I went to the other gym on Area 2, with my new friend I met on the Benvenuti Tour, to go try their Crossfit gym they have. I had no idea what to expect since there isn't much but a gym on Area 2. Definitely different than the gym on Area F, you have to walk through so many different "rooms" to get to each different part of the gym. Also, if you've never been to the Crossfit gym there before I have no idea how you would find it without asking since it is downstairs after walking through multiple parts of the gym and through a random doorway. Where they do Crossfit is really small compared to most Crossfit gyms (I've only been to a couple) but it gets the job done! Today was one of their easier days since yesterday apparently they killed them. Today we warmed up with a 500m row and some stick/pole shoulder exercises. Today we didn't have a real specific WOD but still gave you a good arm workout. We used kettle bells, which I haven't used in a long time! At least we had a "demonstration" period before we did the main set. Next time I need to give myself more credit with kettle bells cause I went way too light on the first round. I had to double my weight on the second round...oops. But I can't wait to go back tomorrow and see what were going to do!

After we both wanted to get something to eat. We were going to just go to Subway on Area 1 but I said I had never eaten off base before, besides the tour we went on, so we decided to go find a place around Aviano to go eat. But of course we both forgot about "reposo" (Italian lunch/rest period, usually from 12-3pm), so most places were shut down for it. But I did remember seeing Aviano Inn looked open when we past it leaving Area 2. Neither of us had actually ever been there before but I had heard they have really good pizza. So why not, you won't know until you try it. I was not disappointed at all! First, we each got some wine. Can't forget the wine at an Italian restaurant ;) My friend told me Lambrusco (sweet red wine) was really good, so I thought I would try it. She was right! It was really good! Here you also order by the glass or how many liters you want. Next came the pizza...which was amazing! Usually a pizza this size I can maybe eat half but I ate the whole thing!

One reason why I was still a little scared to go out to any local restaurants by myself was because I was scared I wouldn't be able to order or understand anything. This place was really easy to understand there menu and their waiters. (I did try some of my new Italian) Which made me more excited to go out now and try other local places in Aviano!

Later that day I picked up Preston from work and he wanted to go to the gym so round 2 for me! This time just running, biking, abs and LOTS of stretching, otherwise I don't think I will be walking tomorrow. I love having multiple gyms so close, definitely no reason to not be in shape. Also, love having so many free classes to try at the gym, can't wait to try one of them! :)

As for tomorrow, I can't wait for it to come. Even more new things! I'm going to the Pordenone market. Cant wait to see what its like compared to the Porcia one I went to on the Benvenuti Tour. I love that each town around Aviano has a market at least one day of the week. Then after that, Crossfit again!! Gotta stay in shape :)


No comments:

Post a Comment