Friday, September 25, 2015

3 Pasta Sauce Cooking Class with Teresa Colors

Saturday, September 12

When I first heard about Teresa Colors, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Having an Italian teach you how to make Italian dishes. But it took me over a year of being here to actually to take one of her classes. I had been on one of her grape harvest tours, which was a lot of fun! I'm kind of upset it took me that long, because the food turned out delicious and amazing! And the best part, she broke it down so we would be able to make it at home ourselves.

I was so excited when my next door neighbor invited me to her at home cooking class with Teresa Colors. We were going to make 3 pasta sauces: prosciutto cotto and cheese, pesto and mushroom sauce. Another great perk is that she brings everything, all supplies and cooking materials to your house. It only costs 20 per person! Plus, she brings a bottle of wine to split with everyone. Can't beat that!

The event started at 5pm. While Teresa set everything up, she put some type of chip/cracker on the table for us to share. I wish I remembered what it was because it was addicting. I had to force myself not to eat so many as I still had all 3 dishes to eat.

The first pasta sauce she showed us how to make was the prosciutto cotto and cheese sauce. Showing us step-by-step instructions on how to prepare everything and also letting us sample some of the stuff along the way.

























The second pasta sauce was the pesto sauce. She was using the last of her basil from her garden, as it was the end of basil season. I'm always a big fan of pesto sauce, so I was excited to see how this one turned out. Also, on knowing how to make my own fresh pesto sauce at home.


The last pasta sauce was the mushroom sauce. I would eat mushrooms when I was back in the states, but I would never specifically order a meal for the mushrooms, Italy has definitely changed me. Now I look for dishes with fungi or porcini in them. With this new found love for mushrooms, I was also looking forward to how this sauce was made.

(cutting off the stems)
(Adding the mushrooms to blender)


























(blending the mushrooms)

























While she was finishing up the last pasta sauce she started to boil some water for the pasta.

After the pasta was finally cooked, I was so excited to finally try all the pasta sauces. As the little samples we had of just the sauces was amazing!

(Mushrooms sauce pasta)
(Proscuitto and cheese sauce pasta)
(Pesto sauce pasta)
Oh my! Is all I have to say. All of the pasta sauces were delicious! I had a hard time deciding which one was my favorite, but if I had to decide I think it would of been the mushroom, then pesto, then the proscuitto cotto and cheese sauce.

(Trying them all!)
I am so glad my neighbor had done this event at her house and that I could finally actually do one of Teresa Color's cooking classes. I will definitely be doing another one! Also, for anybody wanting to do a cooking class, she can either come to your house or she has them at her house. She also has opportunities/classes where you can learn how to make pizza from scratch, how cheese is made or how gelato is made. I'm hoping I can try one of these classes as well in the future.

(My neighbor, who hosted the cooking class)

No comments:

Post a Comment