Sunday, August 30, 2015

My 25th Birthday!!

Monday, August 24

I'm a quarter of a century now!! I am one of those people who actually love birthdays. Every year I would always receive a new tiara to wear. Some had flashing lights on them, some with feather, or just simple ones, but I would almost always wear one. I was that obnoxious person wearing them :)

I had an extended birthday, as you can tell from my previous post of going to Jesolo beach. On top of that Preston surprised me by allowing me to choose whichever Michael Khors flats I wanted. I had been wanting one for a while now. I ended up picking the navy blue, as my other choice of red but they didn't have my size anymore.


To start off my actual birthday, I had to work but I was overwhelmed with treats and goodies. To start off the day my coworkers brought in pastries and brioches. I love Italian pastries! To go along with all my morning goodies I had a yummy Caramel Hot Chocolate from Deja Brew. 


Later in the day, my friend Mary came in to work to surprise me with a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of wine! I'm so glad I met her on the Benevenuti tour, I would definitely be lost without her!


On the evening of my birthday, we decided to go to dinner at this one place we have always heard about that is super small and run out of the families home. It was supposedly the #1 in Aviano. I had invited our friends Mary and Corey to come too. Mary had also really wanted to come to this place as she had only heard good things about it too.

The name of the restaurant is Alla Stella and is only about 5 minutes from our house. But even closer to the mountains. Even with the gps, you have to make sure you are keeping your eyes peeled because most likely you will pass right by it because it is hidden a little behind buildings up the street it is down. Plus, make sure you bring a small car because there is almost no parking available! It's literally only about the size of a 4 car garage!

At first we were a little hesitant because the outside does not look like it would be a restaurant. Inside it was very cozy and small like everyone had said. When we sat down there was already a massive bottle of wine and a bread basket waiting for us. They even came out and asked what kind of water we wanted and brought out a huge bottle.


Next he brought us out an appetizer. It looked very interesting and I cannot remember the name but it was really good!

Next he asked us which type of pasta we wanted. All of us but Preston ordered the spicy pasta, while Preston go the pasta with meat sauce. (Spicy wasn't that spicy, and I don't like spicy) Both were again very tasty! So far everything has been really good and the service was really good. The owner, I believe, was the one who would come to our table for each order. He was very friendly.

(Pasta with meat sauce)
(Spicy Pasta)

























Next the main course. There were a few options you could choose from. We ended up getting a huge meat platter with some "grilled cheese" and 4 sides to go along with it. We had already had so much food and still all this to come. You need to make sure your really hungry when you eat here.

(Looked bigger in real life)
(Potato Fries)


(3 extra sides)


















Again everything was delicious! All 4 of us couldn't even finish it all since there was so much!

Next he asked if any of wanted coffee or cappuccino's or anything else. We were all so stuffed that we had to say no thank you.

After all the food we had we were kind of expecting the bill to be pretty big. But when we got up to pay it only ended up being 50Euro!! This is for all 4 of us and all of the courses and drinks included (unlimited wine and water)! I was shocked at how cheap it was. The food and service for us was amazing! I would definitely recommend this place and for sure myself be going back.

After leaving the restaurant we all decided we wanted gelato. Even after all that food and being super full. It just didn't feel like a real Italian dinning experience without going to get gelato after.

We went to Aviano Square where they had opened up a new gelato place. I was interested to see if it was as good as Il Gelato in Aviano's Gray Mall Square.

There were so many choices to choose from! I had to sample a few before deciding. This gelato is so creamy, it just melts in your mouth. Plus they had Preston's favorite, dark chocolate. I can't even remember the name of the one I got, but it was good.


I will be coming back to this gelato place!

What a great extended birthday weekend! Now I can't wait to go to Cinque Terre on Labor Day weekend as a late birthday present and getaway for Preston and I!

1 comment: