Monday, December 7, 2015

Indoor GoKart in Pordenone

Sunday, December 6

Every time Preston and I drive down this one road in Pordenone, we see this GoKart place and always say we need to try it one day. Finally we decided to go there! It's called PKI "Pordenone Kart Indoor." One of Preston's coworkers was PCSing back to the states and we wanted to do one last thing with him and his wife.

This is not your typical GoKart place, it was intense! Even with the track only being inside.


When you walk inside you have to sign  waiver to say you understand they are not liable if anything happens to you. There are also multiple options you can choose from on how long or how many times you want to race for. Also, something that I thought was interesting is that when you pay, you also pay a $10 fee that covers you for a year of using their cars. They then give you a card saying that you can keep using their cars without having to pay the extra $10 every time.

After we did that, everyone had to put on a back support harness and a race car helmet.




















At this place there were basically no rules and no speed limits, you could go as fast as you wanted. The only thing that made it even scarier is that there were no seatbelts! So if you crash in to a railing at full speed, you better be strong enough to hold yourself back.


I took full advantage of being able to go as fast as I wanted. It was so much fun! I would whip around every corner as fast I could. One time I did not make the turn sharp enough and crashed into the railing. Luckily I'm strong enough to hold myself in, unlike our friends wife. Unfortunately, she flew out of her GoKart and decided she was going to be done for the day.

To me it was an awesome feeling being able to go that fast and whip around in my GoKart. I would definitely go back again!

1 comment: