Sunday, February 22, 2015

Valentine's Day

Saturday, February 14

I usually wouldn't post this as a blog but, I thought I had to share more than just a picture I would put on my Ristorantes page.

I had heard about a place from one of my Italian friend's where you can cook your own steaks. Of course I needed to know where this place was because I love a good steak! It ended up being not too far from our house, which made it even better. The name of the ristorante is Al Cavaliere Perso and is located near the church in Pordenone. There is also a "parking lot" right by this place which makes super convenient if your only going to the ristorante. It is owned and run by four Italian women. If you want to make sure you can get a seat I would recommend calling in advance and telling them the day, time and how many people are in the party because they fill up fast! I don't know how many people we saw walk in and have to turn around and walk out. Another thing to know is they don't speak English very well, so make sure you know some basic Italian phrases.

(Witches everywhere!)

























Preston and I got a table to ourselves by a window, which was nice. I ordered a glass of Prosecco, why not we're celebrating, and Preston got his usual Coke.





















To start we ordered gnocchi with rabbit sauce/meat. (Does not sound very appetizing but it is better than you think) Plus, it was one of the biggest bowls of gnocchi we have gotten in Italy.


Next, we ordered the cook your own steak. You can choose from 3 different types. We ended up ordering the Argentina one; it also comes with vegetables or potatoes, we choose vegetables since we already had gnocchi (which is potatoes). I was so excited to get our food because you get to cook it at your table on a mini cast iron grill.

Both of our steaks and vegetables came out on a big plate along with the separate mini cast iron grill. I felt like a little kid with how excited I got, knowing we would be cooking our own steaks in front of us.






















After devouring our meals they came over and gave us complementary glasses of dessert wine with heart shaped lemon flavored cookies.


I'm so glad our friend told us about this place because it was definitely worth trying! I would definitely go back again!

To continue our Valentine's Day dinner/dessert we wanted to stop at one of our favorite gelato places, Il Gelato in Aviano. I'm not sure if it was special for Valentine's Day but they had a flavor called "Love", which basically was fior di latte with pieces of red velvet cake. Delicious!

This was probably one of the best Valentine's Day ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment